Our Nursery setting – Loxfords House
Built in 1850, Loxfords House was once the residence of the Dent family, renowned Highbury glove makers. Among their impressive list of clients were aristocrats, early entrepreneurs and even royalty.
In 1925 the property was bought by The National Children’s Home, where extensive development took place. In 2008 the building changed hands again to Action For Children, where it was used as their HQ in keeping with it’s previous use.
The property today has been restored by expert craftsmen to it’s original glory, with it’s elegant stuccoed facade, magnificent clock tower and beautifully landscaped gardens providing a wonderful setting for our new nursery.
The nursery itself has been purposefully designed from scratch to provide a light and airy space for the children to learn and grow in a safe a secure environment. Each room is divided into classroom areas, rich with resources and our inspirational team of childcare professionals are passionate about creating an early love of learning for all children.